By Jonathan Bryant on Nov 24, 2019 7:35:00 AM
We don’t have to tell you how competitive the senior living industry is these days. But, we can let you in on a method to help with business growth that many of your competitors seem to have overlooked thus far: live chat. Here’s how it can work for you.
The Reality of Real-Time
It’s simple, consumers don’t want to wait…for anything…ever… and that can work to your advantage if you use live chat on your website:
- Econsultancy states that 79 percent of customers prefer live chat specifically because of the immediacy it offers.
- According to Forrester, 73 percent of customers equate good service with a fast response and 53 percent abandon a website if they can’t find quick answers to their questions.
- Per Inc., 44 percent of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live person is one of the most important features a website can offer.
Ubisend found that 51 percent of customers want businesses to be available 24/7.
Who’s Using Live Chat and Who’s Not?
This is an important question as there’s certainly no reason to add a feature to your website just to have it. The feature must serve a purpose, and for your prospects, live chat certainly does:
- Forrester reports that the number of consumers who use live chat versus phone and email support has increased by more than 50 percent since 2012 and that 30 percent of customers now expect live chat on your website.
- A Moxie study showed that 75 percent of respondents find live chat more convenient when they need questions answered by a representative of the company they are interested in.
- According to Kayako, 38 percent of consumers are more likely to purchase from a company that offers live chat support.
But there is a disconnect between the facts above and what companies are actually doing today. And this could put you in a very good position if you offer live chat:
- Kayako reports that 42 percent of businesses think consumers prefer phone support.
- Per Super Office, less than 10 percent of companies have adopted live chat as either their primary or secondary communication channel, opting instead to spend time on the phone, email and social media.
Live Chat and Your Business Growth
We talked before about how important the customer experience is in our industry as choosing a senior living community is such a complex and emotional journey. Live chat gives you the opportunity to personally connect with your prospect in a way that’s convenient to them and allows you to serve as their guide. The results speak for themselves:
- WhosOn states that 41 percent of consumers think a company that offers live chat on its website is more trustworthy.
- According to Kayako, 29 percent of consumers tell friends or colleagues about a positive live chat experience and 79 percent of companies say offering live chat has had a positive effect on sales, revenue and customer loyalty.
- Icmi states that live chat can lead to a 40 percent increase in conversion rate and that website visitors who engage with your company via live chat are worth 4.5 times more than visitors who don’t.
But the positives aren’t just in terms of new customers; live chat can also help in creating a better experience for your current customers:
- Verint reports that companies offering live chat report a 34 percent improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Verint also reports that live chat is known to result in 2.4x annual increase in cross-sell and sell-up revenue.
How Live Chat Works
We’ve shown how live chat can help with business growth through its timeliness, convenience and improved customer experience. And it’s easy to implement! Here’s a sample of one of our live chat sessions:
09-18-19 12:40:36 Kelley: I'm glad you decided to reach out to us! How soon are you wanting to make a transition?
09-18-19 12:42:05 Visitor: November or December. I’m not on a time constraint so later than that would be ok.
09-18-19 12:43:33 Kelley: I am glad to hear this is not urgent. What is most important to you when choosing the right community?
09-18-19 12:46:24 Visitor: I like the idea of paying one amount each month to include utilities. I’m careful about money so I would like to have a regular amount to pay. I know some communities provide transportation which I like that idea.
09-18-19 12:48:11 Kelley: It sounds like you have put a lot of thought into this. That is wonderful. I think we would be a great fit for you. I would like to introduce you to one of our Admissions Counselors who can discuss all of our options with you further. I can request them to contact you directly. With that in mind, may I have your name and best contact number, please?
To learn more about live chat for senior living, download SiteStaff’s latest case study today!